Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sock Summit: Day 0

So, the Mayor of Portland officially proclamed this week "Sock Knitting Week" This is big people!!


First thing you see when you're walking by the convention center!! Totally squee-worthy!


Ok, it's totally here, you can see the registration under the dragon boat, just like it says on the website!


Then, when you're in line and Cat Bordhi is standing there, and Kelley Petkun (and Xena too) walks by and you try not to go all fangirl on the Yarn Harlot, but fail (sort of), it is all surreal.

And OMG, I saw Judy Becker (Judy's Magic Cast-on) and she signed one of her patterns for me! It was awesome :) It's not like I don't see her at my knit night and she could do it then, but here at sock summit she is famous :)


If the excitement of the pre-registration was too much for me, I don't know how I will last the next 4 days! EEEEEEEEEEEK!! SQUEEEEEEE!!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Patrice said...

Man, Day 0 is already awesome!! Can't wait to live yarncariously thru you the next 4 days!!
Let The Games Begin!!! :)

joyanka said...

I am far, far away in Turlock, CA (sob! sob!)so I too am living "yarncariously" thru your blog-coverage.You're lucky to be there & lucky to knit at your Ravelry meet-ups with my sister Kathleen who made your adorable baby the Koigu sparkler hat & yellow sundress. I too am bugging Knit Picks to make harmony dpns in size 5 (4 is TOO short & 6 is too long)